Laser Hair RemovalBook Your Consultation
What Is Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal is the process of hair removal by means of exposure to pulses of laser. Hair removal is a personal choice with a variety of ways it can be completed, but Laser Hair Removal is one of the few that not only permanently removes hair, but also improves skin quality and smoothness, while reducing ingrown hairs and irritation.
How It Works
At Lezara we provide laser hair removal for all skin types. The Cutera Excel HR’s laser beam is attracted to the pigmentation in the hair to travel down to the hair follicle to destroy the blood supply and prevent future hair growth from that follicle. This treatment can be done on almost any area of the body including the face, arms, fingers, torso, bikini area, legs and feet. Most patients require 6-10 treatments spaced 6-12 weeks apart depending on the area.
- For optimal results avoid tanning or self tanning creams for two weeks prior.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin 2 weeks prior.
- Shave the areas requiring treatment 24 hours prior.
- Avoid the use of makeup on the day of your visit.
- If you regularly use medications or supplements, there is an increased risk of bruising in the treated area.
- Do not wax, thread, pluck, or epilate the hair in the treatment area for 4 weeks prior
- You may experience some minor discomfort in the treated areas. Don’t worry - it will gradually subside in a couple of days.
- Avoid heat for at least two days. This includes exposure to the sun, hot tubs, hot showers and saunas.
- You may experience some bruising and/or swelling in the treated area.
- Daily use of broad spectrum SPF30 sunscreen is recommended
The information provided here is just an overview. Each case will be different depending on the person. We’ll be happy to provide more detailed information as it pertains to you when you book your free consultation with us.